Thursday, April 24, 2014

What is happening here?

No, caveman is not a euphemism for hyper-masculinity expressed by the glutenous consumption of meat. I'm talking about the real cavemen. The ones who didn't have processed grains or refined sugar. Alright, maybe they didn't have Weber grills either but that's not the point.

See, after feeling pretty sick for nearly three years I discovered that I was gluten intolerant in the spring of 2013. Since then I have a "Paleo-ish" diet, lots of meat, dairy, and veggies, and little grains and sugars. Recently I have my eye on switching over to the Limited Carbohydrate Diet. If I did, though, I'd have to give up one of my all time culinary loves:

BBQ

This summer I'm on a mission: make the best sugar free, gluten free BBQ with typical home equipment (no smoker). I'm throwing it up here in the hope that someone can benefit from my trial and error. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment